Blondies are the cousins of brownies—different but just as delicious. By using brown sugar, you give these super decadent treats a really rich taste. So, if you are lactose intolerant or just want to cut down on your dairy intake, this is the recipe for you!
This recipe actually only has a few basic ingredients:
1/2 cup of neutral oil
1 1/3 cups of packed brown sugar
a teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
You can also add in pieces of dark chocolate if you want.
- Start by mixing together the oil and brown sugar in a bowl until there are no lumps.
- Then, crack in one egg at a time and mix to combine before adding the other.
- Pour in the vanilla or almond and stir well again.
- Put in all the dry ingredients into the same bowl and mix gently, just until all the ingredients have incorporated.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate if you’re using it, and then mix one more time.
- Then, grease a baking dish and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait 10 minutes to cool before you slice into it, and then enjoy!