This classical middle eastern meze is easy to make and will upgrade almost any meal. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a side dish when making BBQ. Make sure you get very fresh eggplants, it will make it even tastier.
- 2 medium-sized eggplants
- 2 garlic glove
- 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Grill the eggplants on an open fire (or in a preheated oven at 390°F) until the skin completely burns. Turn them occasionally.
- Let the eggplants rest and chill for a few minutes and then remove all of the skin and chop the top part off. Move the flesh of the eggplants to a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt and mix well. Check out the seasoning and if needed, add some more salt and lemon juice.
- Move the dip into a serving bowl and serve with fresh pita bread. Enjoy.