If you’re following a low-carb diet, this is the perfect dish for you. This creamy pesto chicken provides all the flavor you need but with almost no carbs, so dig in!
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of pesto
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken breasts dry, and then season them with salt and pepper to your taste and cover them with 2 tablespoons of pesto.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add in the oil, and once it’s ready, put in the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side so they’re browned but not cooked all the way through.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic, pesto, milk, and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the chicken to the side for later.
- Put the cherry tomatoes into the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the sauce and bring it to a boil before putting the chicken back into it to absorb the flavors.
- Cook it for a few more minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 F.