This one is for the meat lovers only. We all know the vegan and gluten-free Buddha Bowl, but have you ever tried one with steak? Once you will try this one, you will never want to have anything else.
What is a Buddha Bowl?
When the term ‘Buddha Bowl’ first came out, the majority of people associated it with a political statement. A Buddha Bowl is actually a way of eating, that’s fun and easy. It is just having everything in a bowl. You can throw some vegetables, proteins, grains, whatever you would like to. There are no rules for Buddha Bowls and each one is different and tasty on its own.
Learn how to do this delicious ‘Steak with Cashew Sauce Buddha Bowl’.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup barley, cooked
- ½ pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot shavings
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, chopped
- 4–5 broccolini stalks
- ½ cup lentils, cooked
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 eggs, poached
- 2 tablespoons sprouts
- ¼ cup red cabbage
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepperFor the Cashew Sauce:
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- ¼ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes and broccolini on a baking sheet. Coat evenly with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, combine sesame oil, garlic, beef and sesame seeds. Cook until the desired color is achieved, about 8–10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all cashew sauce ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Layer all ingredients divided evenly between 2–4 bowls for serving.
- Top with cashew sauce and serve.