Avocados are the best! What’s not fun is when they go bad. They’re expensive and there’s a very short period of time between when they’re hard as rocks and too squishy. But, did you know you can freeze avocados? Yeah, we had no idea either. Freezing them will keep them at their peak, so you can enjoy them later. How cool! Here’s how to freeze them.
- Slice the avocado in half and take out the seed and then scoop it out of the peel.
- Brush the halves with lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Wrap the halves tightly in plastic wrap, making sure there’s no room for air, including where the seed was.
- Put the avocado halves in a large freezer bag and press out the air, zip it, and place it in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to have the avocado, take it out of the freezer and wait for it to thaw.
- Cut, seed, and scoop out the avocados into a bowl and add lemon juice.
- Mash the avocados.
- Put them in a freezer-safe bag, press out the air, zip it, and store it in the freezer.