Red velvet cake is such a delicious treat but if you want to be able to give a little bit to everyone, make them into cookies!
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 2 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of red food dye
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Pour the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into the bowl of a stand mixer or a regular bowl using an electric hand mixer. Mix to combine.
- Add in the sugar and cream everything for 1-2 minutes.
- Crack in the egg, the food dye, and the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add half the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula, and then add in the other half once everything is incorporated.
- Chill the dough for 4 hours before using.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to make balls out of the dough, roll each ball in powdered sugar, and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 9-10 minutes, cool on a cooling rack, and enjoy!