Sweet potato casserole is a creamy tasty treat you can prepare in 1 hour and 15 minutes.
For the filling:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 lb raw sweet potatoes, boiled and diced into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecan halves
Cook the sweet potato with water in a pot. Wait until the water starts boiling, then check the sweet potatoes until they become soft. Remove the water and place the pieces in a bowl.
Set the oven to 350 F degrees and prepare a baking dish.
Combine the sweet potatoes with butter, granulated sugar, milk, eggs, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with an electric mixer and the filling is done. Transfer it to the baking dish.
Melt the butter for 1 minute in a microwave. Include the salt, flour, and brown sugar. Mix these ingredients together.
Include the pecans and mix again.
Top the sweet potato filling with the pecan crumble.
Bake for 45 minutes for about 50 minutes, until it gets a light brown color on top. Serve the sweet potato casserole right away.