There’s nothing quite like discovering a snack that’s tasty and healthy at the same time, and baked oatmeal cups just happen to fall under both of these categories.
Brittany Mullins, who runs food blog Eating Bird Food, presented us with a recipe for this gluten-free vegan snack, which comes in four different flavors.
You can check out how they all look in in her YouTube tutorial, and we’re bringing you a recipe for our favorite, apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- The oven should be preheated to 350°F while you use silicone or paper liners to line a 12-cup muffin tin. Avoid sticking by spraying liners with non-stick spray.
- Rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt should be mixed in a large bowl.
- Use another bowl to whisk almond milk and flaxseed together. After letting the mixture sit for about five minutes, add wet ingredients – applesauce, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Continue by mixing wet ingredients with dry ones, and gently stir them until properly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Gently stir to combine and add 1/4 cup of the diced apples to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into muffin tin, making sure it’s divided equally, and top each cup with the rest of the diced apples.
- Bake until the center of the cups has set, for approximately 30-35 minutes, and let the cups cool before serving them or storing them in the fridge.