Why not try something new? Instead of making traditional potato chips, opt for a healthier alternative with zucchini. These parmesan zucchini chips are tastier than potato chips, and they’re guilt-free! This recipe even includes a black bean salsa that’s the perfect dip for the chips. Go ahead and whip up a batch for your next game day or movie night.
- 1/4 cup dried black beans, cooked, drained, and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Soak and cook the beans without salt, then drain and rinse them. It will make about 3/4 cup.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and drizzle it with avocado oil, making sure to coat it evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites, Parmesan, oregano, and garlic and whisk it well.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch thick diagonal slices and put them into the egg white mixture. Toss them to coat. Place each zucchini slice on the sheet pan making sure the slices don’t touch.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping the chips with a spatula after 15 minutes. When browned and crispy take them out of the oven and serve them immediately.
- While the chips are baking, mix the salsa. Combine the tomatoes, black beans, jalapeno, and lime juice.