If you have ever had the pleasure of visiting Spain, you will have undoubtedly seen a small plate of potatoes with a curious-looking pale red sauce on top of them on a dinner table.
This dish is known as patatas bravas, which is basically a mixture of fried potato chunks along with a tangy and slightly spicy tomato-based sauce which is known as brava sauce. Making this sauce is a delicious accompaniment for any type of fried potato.
Let’s learn how to make it, quickly and easily!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- First, place the mayonnaise into a small bowl. After this, go ahead and add the tomato ketchup, and hot sauce and stir thoroughly to combine evenly.
- Once you’ve mixed up these three liquid ingredients, add the three dry seasonings and use a spoon to mix thoroughly once again. You want the consistency of this sauce to be a little more watery than ketchup, so add water as you see fit and continue to mix.
- Serve either as a dipping sauce for potatoes or on top of them, and enjoy!