Making your own kitchen cleaner at home is much simpler than you may think. With just a few ingredients you can make a great multi-surface cleaning product that is much less toxic than store-bought alternatives. So let’s jump into this DIY recipe.
- 1 cup white vinegar (a natural disinfectant that helps cut through grease and grime)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (acts as a gentle abrasive for scrubbing and helps neutralize odors)
- Juice of one lemon (has antibacterial properties and a refreshing scent)
- 10 drops of essential oil (this is optional, but tea tree, eucalyptus, or lavender oils add a pleasant fragrance and boost antimicrobial properties)
- In a mixing bowl or spray bottle, mix the white vinegar and baking soda. The combination will fizz initially but will settle.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the mixture. Lemon not only adds a fresh scent but also enhances the cleaning power.
- If you enjoy a specific fragrance, add 10 drops of your preferred essential oil. Stir or shake the mixture well to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- If not already in one, transfer the solution to a spray bottle for easy application. And you’re ready to go!