Adding avocado to your milkshake might seem strange at first, but don’t pass on it until you’ve had a sip. Avocados have a creamy texture and are full of nutrients, making your smoothie silky and satisfying. Here’s an easy recipe to try at home.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of milk (or alternative milk like almond milk)
- 1/8 cup of sweetened condensed milk (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Whipped cream and a cherry for garnish (optional)
- Place the avocado in the blender and add the milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. The sweetened condensed milk provides the perfect balance of sweetness, but you can adjust the quantities to suit your taste. If you prefer a thinner shake, you can add more milk.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If you’d like a colder shake, you can add a few ice cubes to the blender and blend until they’re fully incorporated.
- Taste the avocado milkshake to make sure it’s sweet enough for your liking.
- For a fun twist, try adding cocoa powder for the perfect chocolate version.