Chocolate chip cookies are a classic and they’re loved by both kids and adults. But, what we don’t always enjoy is how messy it is to roll and form the cookies. This skillet cookie takes the mess out of baking as all you need to do is place the cookie in the skillet. Finish it off with some vanilla ice cream and you’ve got an amazing dessert!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and smooth the top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cookie is golden brown and just set in the center.