One of the many things that make salmon great is that it can be made delicious with minimum effort. Take this honey garlic glaze recipe for example—it only takes about 20 minutes to make and the result is a crispy, flavorful, and delicious fish. Even the mess you have to clean up is minimal.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- In a medium bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about six minutes, then flip over and add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant for one minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste the salmon with the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and serve.