This bean and mint soup recipe delivers a fresh, healthy meal you’ll want to make more often. The total cooking time is around 5 minutes, and it’s meant for 4 servings. This combo already sounds so good, so check out the details below.
- 2 1/2 lb fresh broad beans, podded
- 2 pints hot vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 1/2 lb fresh peas, podded
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Get a large pan and turn on the stove. Heat the oil in the pan, then cook the onions for 15 minutes.
- While you’re waiting, boil a pot with water. Add the broad beans to the pot and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the water, then wash the beans in cold water. Take out the skins.
- Once the onion becomes soft you can include the beans in the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, pour in the stock and wait for the mixture to start boiling. Let it simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the mint, then pour the soup into a blender. Blend until it is smooth.
- Transfer the bean and mint soup back to the pan and include the creme fraiche.
- Serve it right away with extra mint on top and creme fraiche.