For us, there is no debate when it comes to homemade vs. store-bought jams. Maybe it’s that secret ingredient called “love,” or the fact that you invested time and effort to make it, but homemade jams are always a bit tastier than the store-bought version.
The reason why more people are not into making jams by themselves is because they think the process is laborious and complicated. However, the fact is that most jams are quite easy to cook up. Just look at this recipe for tasty pumpkin jam.
- 6.5 lbs pumpkin
- 9 cups white granulate sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Wash the pumpkin, slice it, and then peel the skin and clean the seed. Cut the pumpkin meat to smaller cubes.
- Take a bigger pot and add your pumpkin cubes. Cover the pumpkin with sugar and mix to make sure all the cubes are evenly covered. Leave it to rest for two hours
- After two hours, place the pot with pumpkin and sugar to medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and then add vanilla extract and lemon juice from one lemon. Grate some lemon peel and toss it in as well.
- Cook for around 30 minutes or until the pumpkins are easily squashed. Don’t forget to stir frequently.
- After cooked, blend the pumpkins using a blender.
- Transfer to sterilized jars and seal.
- Store in the fridge and indulge anytime you are in the mood for some jam on toast.